2011 Kia Sorento towing capacity chart
The 2011 Kia Sorento world-class-styled Korean crossover SUV has a sleek, contemporary styling that provides a smooth ride and skillful handling along with performance. Completely redesigned for the 2011 model year, Sorento employs a unibody design with the ability to comfortably fit up to seven passengers, offering more space and ride comfort than the previous-generation model. In this article, we will be exploring all the trim options and features available for Kia Sorento 2011 model with its towing capacity.
|2011 Kia Sorento
|2011 Kia Sorento towing capacity
|Kia Sorento base
|Kia Sorento LX
|Kia Sorento EX I4
|Kia Sorento EX V6
2011 Kia Sorento Review
The 2011 Kia Sorento as a crossover, is the definition of versatility with its comfy seating and intelligently designed storage spaces. Its exceptionally accommodating interior design has a spacious cabin that includes available split-folding third-row seats, which allow room for up to seven passengers. Further to its roominess and impressive head and legroom you’ll also appreciate the Sorento for its fine craftsmanship. The available features like an eight-way adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support, leather-trimmed seating, heat front seats, and an advanced, ionized air filtration system that provides purified air.
2011 Kia Sorento Engine Specs
The 2011 Kia Sorento rides and maneuvers nicely for an SUV of its size, and it’s available with two engine options. The 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine generates 175 horsepower and 169 lb-ft of torque. It gets a 6-speed both manual and automatic transmission with overdrive Sportmatic. The 3.5-liter V6 engine version for even greater capabilities which produces 276 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque is available in upper trims. It has an electronically controlled 6-speed automatic, overdrive with Sportmatic, and is available in all-wheel drive configurations. The Sportmatic transmission lets you enjoy the sportier drive satisfaction of clutch-free seamless manual shifting.
Both engines have advanced technology that includes double overhead cams with four valves per cylinder and continuously variable valve timing (CVVT) which automatically adjusts valve timing for increased power, reduced exhaust emissions, and improved fuel efficiency.
|2.4L Inline 4-Cylinder Engine
|3.5L V6 Engine
|175 hp @ 6,000rpm
|276 hp @ 6,300rpm
|169 lb.-ft. @ 3,750rpm
|248 lb.-ft. @ 3,750rpm
2011 Kia Sorento trims
The 2011 Kia Sorento models with updated packaging and new standard features across the lineup. The Sorento comes in four different trim levels to choose from its standard features include advanced driver assistance systems. The 2011 Kia Sorento handsomely comes with the reshuffling of its options list to make more features standard at each trim level.
Both LX and EX models are available with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive with a locking central differential. AWD models feature full-time torque on demand using electronic sensors to monitor road conditions and then distribute power to the appropriate wheels. Let’s find out more about all the details on the 2011 Kia Sorento trim levels below.
2011 Kia Sorento Sorento base towing capacity
The 2011 Kia Sorento base trim highlighted features are 17-inch tires with Alloy Wheels, AM/FM/CD/MP3 support, SIRIUS Audio system, USB auxiliary input jacks, Bluetooth wireless technology, Remote Keyless Entry, and Tricot cloth seat trim 60/40 split-folding 2nd-row seats. When equipped properly the maximum towing capacity of the 2011 Kia Sorento is 1,650 pounds.
2011 Kia Sorento Sorento LX towing capacity
The 2011 Kia Sorento LX trim highlighted features are dual body-color heated power mirrors with turn with turn-signal indicators, power windows with driver one-touch auto up & down, Ecominder fuel efficiency indicator, and second-row armrest cup holder. The Kia Sorento LX 2011 trim maximum towing capacity is up to 1,650 pounds when properly equipped. The AWD full-time torque on demand is an optional feature.
2011 Kia Sorento Sorento EX I4 towing capacity
The 2011 Kia Sorento EX I4 trim is powered by a 3.5L V6 Engine that produces 275 horsepower & 169 lb-ft. of torque. The highlighted features are 18-inch tires with Alloy Wheels, auto light control, front fog lights, rear spoiler, Push button start with smart key, Back-up warning system, dual-zone automatic temperature control, cloth/leatherette seat, and 8-way Power Driver Seat with lumbar support. The 2011 Kia Sorento EX I4’s maximum towing capacity is up to 1,650 pounds when properly equipped.
2011 Kia Sorento Sorento EX V6 towing capacity
The 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 trim is powered by a 2.4L Inline 4-Cylinder Engine that produces 276 horsepower & 248 lb-ft. of torque is connected to a 6-speed automatic transmission. The Sorento EX V6 trim comes with a panoramic sunroof, Rear-seat DVD entertainment system, Rear air conditioning, and Heated front seats. The maximum towing capacity of the 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 trim is 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
Note: Your Kia Sorento towing capacity can be affected by the number of passengers riding along, how much cargo you’re bringing, and other factors. Exceeding the towing capacity can be hazardous to you and the drivers around you and harmful to your drivetrain. Always see Owner's Manual for towing instructions and capabilities. Tow Hitch required for towing operations. What do I need to know before towing a trailer? Discover 8 important tips to tow trailer safely, and efficiently.
2011 Kia Sorento Driver Assist Technology
The 2011 Kia Sorento features advanced active driver assist technology safety features designed to maintain control, even in harsh road conditions and in some emergency situations. Every system is also designed to function automatically, leaving you unburdened to focus on safe driving.
- Electronic Stability Control(ESC): ESC uses to transmit information about your vehicle’s speed and lateral acceleration to an onboard computer. The system then adjusts engine speed and brake pressure as required to help enhance your Sorento’s ability to respond to your steering.
- Traction Control System(TCS): TCS can sense wheel spin during acceleration. When it does it uses a combination of engine power and brake force to transfer power to the wheels that have the most traction. This provides both increased control and enhanced responsiveness.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution(EBD): EBD senses the vehicle’s load and weight distribution, then applies the necessary braking pressure at each wheel. It’s a system that helps to enhance your control.
- Brake Assist System(BAS): BAS operates based on the force that’s applied to the brake pedal. If you need to brake aggressively it helps control and stop by applying the necessary braking pressure.
- Downhill Brake Control (DBC): DBC is particularly helpful on steep slopes. Using the Anti-lock Braking System, it holds your Sorento’s speed steady, up to 5mph, so you can concentrate on steering.
- Hill Assist Control (HAC): When stopped on a steep hill, a vehicle may roll once the driver releases the brake. HAC helps by gently applying the brakes for two seconds while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
2011 Kia Sorento Towing Package
If you plan on doing a lot of towing along you’ll need the right accessories there are a number of towing accessories that are available. The 2011 Kia Sorento offers a wide range of towing features and accessories designed with your safety in mind, which we have highlighted below.
- Tow hitch
- Towbar wiring kit, 13-pole, and 7-pole socket
- Bike carrier for towbar
Also Read: 2023 Kia Sorento towing capacity. 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid towing capacity. 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid towing capacity.
2011 Kia Sorento Safety Features
Sorento’s passive safety systems are designed to help minimize injury and protect occupants when an accident is inescapable. An advanced system of airbags Dual front airbags and seat-mounted side airbags guard the driver and front passenger. This means from the back to the bottom, Sorento is engineered to help enhance you’re and your passengers well being.
- Front Active Headrests: In the event of certain rear collisions, the active headrests move up and forward, helping to reduce the likelihood of neck injury.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: The system includes air pressure sensors located at each wheel. If a tire reaches a specified low air pressure, a warning light will alert you.
- Front Seat Belt Pretensioners: In the event of certain collisions, the pretensions tighten slack in the seat belts. They then let out the appropriate amount of additional belts to limit pressure on the body.
- Reinforced Body Design: Each door is reinforced with steel beams to absorb impact energy and detect side-impact energy force. Both the A and B pillars are reinforced to help minimize damage.
Is the 2011 Kia Sorento good for towing?
With different trim options, transmission, and drivetrain to consider, the whole 2011 Kia Sorento range is a good midsize crossover. The maximum towing capacity is 3,500 pounds when equipped with the 3.5-liter V6 engine and that figure falls to 1,650 pounds opt for the 2.4L Inline four-cylinder engine. Lastly, you’ll want to check the exact weight of whatever you plan to tow before hitching it up to your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can a 2011 Kia Sorento tow?
The 2011 Kia Sorento SUV has a decent towing capacity for a compact SUV that can handle most small trailers and boats. With the tow hitch installed, it can tow up to 3,500 pounds, which is more than enough for bass boats, kayaks, canoes, jet skis, motorcycles, and some teardrop trailers.
How much can the 2011 Kia Sorento tow?
The 2011 Kia Sorento provides a sufficient level of towing power, adding to the vehicle’s impressive driving abilities. With two powertrain options to choose 2.5L-I4 which can tow 1,650 pounds and 3.5L V6 which can tow 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
Aaron Bennett is an accomplished author and a true aficionado when it comes to pickup trucks. With an unwavering passion for all things automotive, Aaron has dedicated his life to exploring the world of pickups and sharing his expertise with others. As the proud owner of several powerful machines, he has spent countless hours behind the wheel, navigating rugged terrains and conquering highways with unrivaled enthusiasm.