2014 Kia Sorento towing capacity chart
The 2014 Kia Sorento Korean crossover SUV comes significantly redesigned combination of design and performance with unique levels of refinement and a significant chassis, suspension, and powertrain featuring sophisticated styling. With available third-row seating the Sorento can comfortably accommodate up to seven people with a spacious interior. In this article, we will be exploring all the trim options and features available for Kia Sorento 2014 model with its towing capacity.
|2014 Kia Sorento||2014 Kia Sorento towing capacity|
|Kia Sorento LX||1,650 lbs.|
|Kia Sorento LX V6||3,500 lbs.|
|Kia Sorento EX V6||3,500 lbs.|
|Kia Sorento SX||3,500 lbs.|
|Kia Sorento Limited||3,500 lbs.|
Table of Contents
- 2014 Kia Sorento towing capacity chart
- 2014 Kia Sorento Engine Specs
- 2014 Kia Sorento trims
- 2014 Kia Sorento Driver Assist Technology
- 2014 Kia Sorento Safety Features
- Is the 2014 Kia Sorento good for towing?
- Frequently Asked Questions
2014 Kia Sorento Engine Specs
The 2014 Sorento has a powerful all-aluminum 3.3-liter GDI V6 that produces a smooth 290 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and a stout 252 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm. It’s available as standard for the LX V6, EX V6, SX, and Limited. Power is routed to either the front wheels or, optionally, to all four using an enhanced Torque On Demand all-wheel drive system that seamlessly directs power to the tire with the most traction and now includes the benefit of Torque Vectoring Cornering Control (TVCC) that aids stability under certain driving conditions.
The 2.4-liter GDI four-cylinder engine is standard in the LX with 191 horsepower at 6,300rpm and 181 lb.-ft. of torque on-hand at a low 4,250rpm, the lightweight all-aluminum powerplant is efficient while still providing enough performance. The Sorento comes standard with a smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transmission. Also, the standard FlexSteer offers drivers a choice of three steering modes: Comfort, Normal, and Sport, which improves steering feel and increases efficiency.
Both engines have advanced technology that includes double overhead cams with four valves per cylinder and continuously variable valve timing (CVVT) which automatically adjusts valve timing for increased power, reduced exhaust emissions, and improved fuel efficiency. It is available in both front-wheel and all-wheel drive configurations.
|Engine Type||2.4L Gasoline|
Direct Injection (GDI) Inline 4-Cylinder Engine
Direct Injection (GDI) V6 Engine
|Horsepower||191 hp @ 6,300 rpm||290 hp @ 6,400rpm|
|Torque||181 lb.-ft. @ 4,250rpm||252 lb.-ft. @ 5,200rpm|
|Towing capacity||1,650 lbs.||3,500 lbs.|
2014 Kia Sorento trims
The 2014 Kia Sorento models with updated packaging and new standard features across the lineup. The Sorento comes in five different trim levels to choose from its standard features include advanced driver assistance systems. The 2014 Kia Sorento comes with the reshuffling of its options list to make more features standard at each trim level. AWD models feature full-time torque on demand using electronic sensors to monitor road conditions and then distribute power to the appropriate wheels. Let’s find out more about all the details on the 2014 Kia Sorento trim levels below.
2014 Kia Sorento Sorento LX towing capacity
The 2014 Kia Sorento LX trim highlighted features are 17-inch tires with Alloy Wheels, Dual body-color heated power mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators, AM/FM/CD/MP3 support, SIRIUS Audio system, USB auxiliary input jacks, Bluetooth wireless technology, Power door locks with remote keyless entry, Tricot cloth seat trim 40/20/40 split-folding 2nd-row seat, Power windows with driver’s one-touch auto up & down. When equipped properly the maximum towing capacity of the 2014 Kia Sorento LX is 1,650 pounds.
2014 Kia Sorento Sorento LX V6 towing capacity
The 2014 Kia Sorento LX V6 highlighted features are silver finish Roof rails, power windows with driver one-touch auto up & down, auto light control, and a second-row armrest cup holder. The Kia Sorento LX V6 2014 trim maximum towing capacity is up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2014 Kia Sorento Sorento EX V6 towing capacity
The 2014 Kia Sorento EX V6 highlighted features are 18-inch tires with Alloy Wheels, front fog lights, Front LED accent lights, a rear spoiler, UVO eServices infotainment system Powered by Microsoft, a rear-camera display, a Push button start with smart key, a Back-up warning system, dual-zone automatic temperature control, Leather seat trim (1st & 2nd rows), Heated front seats, Integrated 2nd-row sunshades, Illuminated door handle pockets, Interior accent illumination, Leather-wrapped steering wheel/gearshift knob and 8-way Power Driver Seat with lumbar support. The 2014 Kia Sorento EX V6’s maximum towing capacity is up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2014 Kia Sorento SX towing capacity
The 2014 Kia Sorento SX trim key highlighted features are machined-finish 19-inch alloy wheels, chrome finish roof rails, Rear LED tail lamps, Infinity surround-sound audio with 10 speakers external amplifier & subwoofer, UVO eServices infotainment system with voice-command navigation, Blind-spot detection system, FlexSteer driver-selectable steering assist, and a 4-way power front passenger seat. The maximum towing capacity of the 2014 Kia Sorento SX trim is 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2014 Kia Sorento Limited towing capacity
Kia Sorento Limited trim is offered only in Ebony Black, Snow White Pearl, and Titanium Silver, the Limited is set apart visually by unique self-leveling Xenon HID head lights, exclusive 19-inch chrome wheels, and sporty red painted brake calipers. Inside, unique and luxurious Nappa leather-trimmed seats, a wood-trimmed, heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats are all standard. The exclusive soft-touch headliner and pillar accents make the Sorento Limited alluring from the anxiety and pressure of metropolitan presence. When properly equipped the maximum towing capacity of the 2014 Kia Sorento Limited is 3,500 pounds.
Note: Your Kia Sorento towing capacity can be affected by the number of passengers riding along, how much cargo you’re bringing, and other factors. Exceeding the towing capacity can be hazardous to you and the drivers around you and harmful to your drivetrain. Always see Owner's Manual for towing instructions and capabilities. Tow Hitch required for towing operations. Discover 8 important tips to tow trailer safely, and efficiently. What do I need to know before towing a trailer?
2014 Kia Sorento Driver Assist Technology
The 2014 Kia Sorento features advanced active driver assist technology safety features designed to maintain control, even in harsh road conditions and in some emergency situations. Every system is also designed to function automatically, leaving you unburdened to focus on safe driving.
- Electronic Stability Control(ESC): ESC uses to transmit information about your vehicle’s speed and lateral acceleration to an onboard computer. The system then adjusts engine speed and brake pressure as required to help enhance your Sorento’s ability to respond to your steering.
- Traction Control System(TCS): TCS can sense wheel spin during acceleration. When it does it uses a combination of engine power and brake force to transfer power to the wheels that have the most traction. This provides both increased control and enhanced responsiveness.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution(EBD): EBD senses the vehicle’s load and weight distribution, then applies the necessary braking pressure at each wheel. It’s a system that helps to enhance your control.
- Brake Assist System(BAS): BAS operates based on the force that’s applied to the brake pedal. If you need to brake aggressively it helps control and stop by applying the necessary braking pressure.
- Hill Assist Control (HAC): When stopped on a steep hill, a vehicle may roll once the driver releases the brake. HAC helps by gently applying the brakes for two seconds while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
2014 Kia Sorento Safety Features
Sorento’s passive safety systems are designed to help minimize injury and protect occupants when an accident is inescapable. An advanced system of airbags Dual front airbags and seat-mounted side airbags guard the driver and front passenger. The high-strength steel-reinforced body helps minimize damage, absorb impact energy, and protect in case of a collision helping enhance you’re and your passengers well being.
- Front Active Headrests: In the event of certain rear collisions, the active headrests move up and forward, helping to reduce the likelihood of neck injury.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: The system includes air pressure sensors located at each wheel. If a tire reaches a specified low air pressure, a warning light will alert you.
- Front Seat Belt Pretensioners: In the event of certain collisions, the pretensions tighten slack in the seat belts. They then let out the appropriate amount of additional belts to limit pressure on the body.
- Reinforced Body Design: Each door is reinforced with steel beams to absorb impact energy and detect side-impact energy force. Both the A and B pillars are reinforced to help minimize damage.
- Rollover Sensor: If the airbag sensors detect an impending rollover, the system can deploy the side airbags, side curtain airbags, and seat-belt.
Is the 2014 Kia Sorento good for towing?
The 2014 Kia Sorento has advanced technology designed to provide convenient operation and enhance your driving experience. With different trim options and drivetrain to consider, the whole 2014 Kia Sorento range is well-proportioned with plenty of interior space and easy maneuverability good midsize crossover. The maximum towing capacity is 3,500 pounds when equipped with the 3.3-liter GDI V6 engine and that figure falls to 1,650 pounds opt for both engine options 2.4L GDI Inline four-cylinder engine. Lastly, you’ll want to check the exact weight of whatever you plan to tow before hitching it up to your vehicle.
Also Read: 2011 Kia Sorento towing capacity. 2012 Kia Sorento towing capacity. 2023 Kia Sorento towing capacity. 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid towing capacity. 2023 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid towing capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can a 2014 Kia Sorento tow?
The 2014 Kia Sorento can tow up to 1,650 to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. With the tow hitch installed, it can tow boats, kayaks, canoes, jet skis, motorcycles, and some small trailers.
Can a 2014 Kia Sorento pull a trailer?
With two powertrain options choose a 2.4L-I4 GDI which can tow 1,650 pounds and a 3.3L GCI V6 engine which can tow 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. The 2014 Kia Sorento provides a sufficient level of towing power, to pull small trailers with impressive driving abilities.
What is the towing capacity of a 2014 Kia Sorento LX?
The 2014 Kia Sorento LX trim is powered by a 2.4-liter GDI four-cylinder engine that is 191hp and 181 lb.-ft. torque. The maximum Sorento LX can tow is 1,650 pounds when equipped properly. But with the LX V6 with 3.3L V6 powertrain the towing capacity increases up to 3,500 pounds.
2014 Kia Sorento towing capacity Video