2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity chart
The 2019 Ford Ranger midsize pickup is a tough truck, equipped with the proper engine, drivetrain, and other performance specifications. Beyond the high-strength steel frame and rugged exterior profile, you’ll soon realize the power and performance. Whether carrying serious gear or towing your favorite trailer, with impressive cargo capabilities and best-in-class payload the 2019 model Ranger is the ultimate off-road vehicle. In this article let’s take a look at the trim options and the 2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity in detail.
|2019 Ford Ranger trim levels||2019 Ford Ranger towing capacity|
|Ford Ranger XL||3,500 – 7,500 lbs.|
|Ford Ranger XLT||3,500 – 7,500 lbs.|
|Ford Ranger LARIAT||3,500 – 7,500 lbs.|
Table of Contents
2019 Ford Ranger Engine Specs
The 2019 Ford Ranger has a powerful engine under the hood standard 2.3-Liter EcoBoost engine with 270 horsepower that is engineered with Auto Start-Stop Technology. Is one of the most versatile and powerful gas powertrains in the Midsize Pickup class and comes paired with the 10-speed SelectShift automatic transmission that is able to optimize gear advances and quick shifting. Whether you choose the 4×2 or 4×4 drivetrain or explore the three trims, you’ll find a towing capacity that is beyond impressive. A proven engine makes Ranger an adventure machine, providing excellent torque for towing or climbing trails.
- 2.3L EcoBoost Engine with Auto Start-Stop
- 270 horsepower
- 310 lb-ft of torque
- 3,500-7,500 towing capacity
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab towing capacity
The 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab can fit two up front in its bucket seats and two in the rear. Standard under-seat storage keeps your gear organized, and if you need extra room, there’s a standard 6-ft bed.
|Cargo Box Volume (cu.ft.)||51.8||51.8|
|Max. Towing Capacity (lbs.)||7,500||7,500|
|Max. Tongue Load (lbs.)||750||750|
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Cab towing capacity
The 2019 Ford Ranger‘s four full-size doors make comfortably accommodate five passengers inside the ample Ranger SuperCrew pickup cabin is easy.
|Cargo Box Volume (cu.ft.)||43.3||43.3|
|Max. Towing Capacity (lbs.)||7,500||7,500|
|Max. Tongue Load (lbs.)||750||750|
Note: Weight ratings shown are for properly equipped vehicles with available Trailer Tow Packages, required equipment, and a 150-lb. driver. The weight of additional options, equipment, passengers, and cargo must be deducted from this weight. See the owner's manual for system limitations. Also requires Trailer Tow Package for maximum towing. The towing capacity varies based on cargo, vehicle configuration, accessories, and the number of passengers.
2019 Ford Ranger trims
The Ford Ranger is built to keep up with you by offering the durability and pulling power you need for your heavy-duty jobs. Available in three trims XL, XLT, and LARIAT the 2019 Ranger is enhanced to provide greater fuel efficiency. The 2019 Ford Ranger models can be personalized with two configurations SuperCab and SuperCrew, and many different available packages. This includes the Sport Package, Chrome Package, Technology Package, Appearance Package, Bed Utility Super Value Package, and FX4 Off-Road Package. With updated and standard features across the lineup, Let’s find out more about all the details on the 2019 Ford Ranger trim levels below.
2019 Ford Ranger XL towing capacity
The 2019 Ford Ranger XL includes all the essential features that make the Ranger pickup the right choice for every next adventure. The highlighted features are 16-inch BSW all-season tires, Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist, Black front tow hooks (4×4), Black grille, bumpers, door & tailgate handles, fender vent surrounds, wheel-lip moldings & side view mirror caps, SYNC Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System with 4.2″ LCD screen in center stack, AppLink, Cloth-trimmed seats, AM/FM stereo with 6 speakers. The regular towing capacity of the 2019 Ford XL trim is 3,500 pounds but with the addition of a Trailer Tow Package, it increases to 7,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2019 Ford Ranger XLT towing capacity
The 2019 Ford Ranger XLT includes all Ranger XL features along with added features like 17-inch BSW all-terrain tires, premium cloth seats, SYNC 3 with an 8-inch touchscreen, Seats with premium Cloth Bucket Front, 110V/150W AC power outlet on the rear of the center console, available 8-way Driver, Ford Co-Pilot 360 Technology, Cruise control, Power door and tailgate locks with auto-lock, Remote Keyless Entry System and 6-way Front Passenger Seats. When equipped properly with a trailer tow package 2019 Ford Ranger XLT can tow up to 7,500 pounds.
2019 Ford Ranger LARIAT towing capacity
The 2019 Ford Ranger LARIAT is top of a line model that experiences adventure in style with the all comforts you’ll want on your next expedition, such as ambient lighting, a power-sliding rear window, and 18-inch BSW all-terrain tires. The key features are SYNC® 3 with 8-inch color LCD capacitive touchscreen in the center stack, AppLink, Apple CarPlay compatibility, Android Auto compatibility, 2 smart-charging USB ports, Leather-Trimmed Heated Front Bucket Seats 8-way power, LED headlamps, fog lamps, cargo lamp, and taillamps. It can tow between a maximum of 3,500 to 7,500 pounds when equipped properly with Trailer Tow Package.
What is the trailer tow package for the 2019 Ford Ranger?
If you need maximum towing capabilities the Ford Ranger’s towing capacity ranges from 3,500 to 7,500 pounds. Beyond the power and performance of this pickup truck’s engine, you’ll also find high-quality hitch accessories and driver-assist technologies essential when towing equipment and motorsport vehicles. The standard 4-pin trailer tow wiring with ball-mounting provisions in the rear bumper for towing up to 3,500 pounds. When upgrading with a trailer tow package, that allows for 7,500 pounds of towing capacity and accessories that include a 7-wire harness and 4-/7-pin connector, a hitch receiver, and tow and haul mode capabilities. These performance specs and capabilities are strengthened by the following features:
- Trailer towing: 4-pin wiring, ball mounting provisions in the rear bumper.
- Electronic Shift-on-the-Fly (ESOF) with Neutral Towing Capability (4×4 only).
- Electronic Power-Assist Steering (EPAS) Electric Motor.
- Available Hill Descent Control within the Trail Control system.
|Body Style||Drive||Axle Ratio||GCWR (lbs.)||Trailer Weight (lbs.)||GCWR (lbs.)||Maximum Loaded Trailer Weight (lbs.)|
The above numbers shown require an available Trailer Towing Package. Do not exceed the Maximum Loaded Trailer Weight listed. Trailer Towing Package is recommended for all vehicles that will be used for towing to help ensure easy, proper connection of trailer lights.
2019 Ford Ranger Payload Capacity
The Ranger offers two compelling truck bed sizes opt for the SuperCab to receive a 6-foot bed, or choose the SuperCrew for more passenger space, and receive a 5-foot bed instead. Although the 2019 Ford Ranger payload specs vary between trims–depending on the weight of the model. The maximum payload for your vehicle appears on the Tire and Loading label. The label is either on the B-pillar or the edge of the driver’s door. The 2019 Ford Ranger has a best-in-class 1,860 pounds of maximum payload in the XL 4×2 model. It can hold so much in its sturdy construction and spacious truck bed, which measures 72.8 inches in the SuperCab models.
|Body Style||Drive||GVWR (lbs.)||Payload (lbs.)|
Note: The appropriate loading capacity of your vehicle can be limited either by volume capacity or by payload capacity. Once you have reached the maximum payload of your vehicle, do not add more cargo, even if there is space available.
2019 Ford Ranger FORD CO-PILOT360 Technology
In addition to its impressive towing capabilities, the new 2019 Ford Ranger has a full suite of available safety and comfort features to assist you when towing. The Ford Co-Pilot360 allows for a more precise alignment of your truck and trailer when hitching your pickup truck. The standard and available driver-assist features are designed to help you feel confidently in control while driving. This safety system also includes automatic emergency braking that applies the brakes when a potential collision is detected, as well as cross-traffic alerts for both your 2019 Ranger and your attached trailer.
- Pre-Collision Assist With Automatic Emergency Braking: This feature by scanning the road ahead, can alert you to potential collisions with vehicles or pedestrians detected in your path. It is designed to only activate when if an impact is close and you don’t take action, brakes can apply automatically.
- BLIS® with Trailer Coverage And Cross-Traffic Alert: BLIS(Blind Spot Information System) can help by not only alerting you to vehicles detected in your blind spots but also alerting you when vehicles are detected alongside your trailer. Cross-Traffic Alert helps by detecting and alerting you to traffic behind your truck as you’re slowly backing up.
- Lane-Keeping System: The LaneKeeping System can help during a moment of distraction. If you drift out of your lane, it directs you with steering wheel torque to return, and can also alert you through vibration pulses.
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps: Auto High-Beam Headlamps can detect poor lighting and switch them on for you. They can also sense oncoming headlamps and dim automatically for other drivers.
- Rear View Camera: Backing up requires a little multitasking the Rear View Camera helps by providing a great view of what’s behind your truck, helping you navigate Reverse with more confidence. It also helps when you’re lining up a trailer.
- 4×4 with Neutral Towing Capability: Although a 4×2 powertrain is standard, 4×4 with Neutral Towing Capability is available across the lineup. This feature goes the extra mile to keep all four wheels level on solid ground when you’re tackling curves on the highway.
- Tow/Haul Mode: With the press of a button, you can enable a Tow/Haul mode that optimizes your shift points for heavy-duty performance.
- Trailer Sway Control: This feature applies your vehicle brakes at individual wheels and, if necessary, reduces engine power. If the trailer begins to sway, the stability control light flashes and the message appears in the information display. This feature does not prevent trailer sway but reduces it once it begins. his feature cannot stop all trailers from swaying.
- Trailer Wiring Harness: When attaching the trailer wiring connector to your vehicle, only use a proper fitting connector that works with the vehicle and trailer functions. Some vehicles are equipped with a factory-installed Trailer Tow Package that includes a trailer wiring harness and a wiring kit This kit includes one or more jumper harnesses to connect to your trailer wiring connector and installation instructions
- Safety Chains: Install trailer safety chains to the trailer hitch as recommended by the manufacturer. Cross the chains under the trailer tongue and allow enough slack for turning tight corners. Do not allow the chains to drag on the ground. Always connect the safety chains to the frame or hook retainers of your trailer hitch do not attach them to the bumper. If the trailer safety chain hook has a latch, make sure the latch is fully closed.
- Trailer Lamps: Make sure the trailer is equipped with lights that conform to all applicable government regulations. The trailer lighting system should not be connected directly to the lighting system of the vehicle. See a local recreational vehicle dealer or rental trailer agency for correct wiring and relays for the trailer and heavy-duty flashers.
Electric brakes and manual, automatic, or surge-type trailer brakes are safe if you install them properly and adjust them to the manufacturer’s specifications. The trailer brakes must meet local and federal regulations. The rating for the tow vehicle’s braking system operation is at the gross vehicle weight rating, not the gross combined weight rating. Separate functioning brake systems are required for the safe control of towed vehicles and trailers weighing more than 1500 lbs when loaded.
|Body Style||Drive||Axle Ratio||GCWR (lbs.)||Max Tow|
Also Read: 2023 Ford Ranger towing capacity. 2022 Ford Ranger towing capacity. 2021 Ford Ranger towing capacity. 2020 Ford Ranger towing capacity.
2019 Ford Ranger trailer towing guide
The 2019 Ford Ranger trailer towing guide provides reliability and performance. Whatever your towing need is, there is a Ford vehicle or chassis to fill it. Practice turning, stopping, and backing up to get the feel of your vehicle-trailer combination before starting on a trip.
- Towing trailers beyond the maximum recommended GVWR or the GAWR specified could result in engine damage, transmission damage, structural damage, loss of vehicle control, and vehicle rollover.
- Do not exceed the lowest rating capacity for your vehicle or trailer hitch. Overloading your vehicle or trailer hitch can impair your vehicle’s stability, loss of control, and handling.
- Modifying the trailer hitch could reduce the hitch rating don’t cut, drill, weld, or modify the trailer hitch.
- Make sure that the vertical load on the tow ball is between the minimum and maximum recommended weight at all times.
- Do not tow a trailer fitted with electric trailer brakes unless your vehicle is fitted with a compatible aftermarket electronic trailer brake controller.
- Place loads as low as possible and central to the axle of your trailer for the best stability of the trailer in an unloaded vehicle.
Note: The stability of your vehicle-to-trailer combination is dependent on the quality of the trailer. For additional information and assistance, we recommend that you contact an authorized Ford dealer. Failure to follow the instruction could result in the loss of control of your vehicle, personal injury, or death.
Is the 2019 Ford Ranger a good tow vehicle?
The Ford Ranger provides an agile combination of power and versatility. Whether choosing a thrifty 4×2 truck or a 4×4 truck for maximum off-road capability, it has the best towing capacity in its class. When properly equipped, Ranger can tow up to 7,500 pounds, which is the highest maximum towing capacity in the midsize pickup truck segment. It can carry heavy items in the pickup bed, with a maximum payload capacity of 1,860 pounds. If you need to bring a trailer to help your friend move to a new place, or if you are looking to bring your boat up to the lake for a relaxing weekend of fishing, you can do so with the 2019 Ford Ranger.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can a 2019 Ford Ranger XL tow?
The 2019 Ford Ranger XL trim with its efficient yet powerful 2.3L 4-cylinder EcoBoost gasoline engine, the pickup truck can tow up to 3,500 pounds as standard, or up to 7,500 pounds with the available Trailer Tow Package.
Which 2019 Ford Ranger can tow 7500 lbs?
If you equip the truck with the available tow package, you can tow as much as 7,500 pounds behind it. This towing package adds a heavy-duty Class-IV trailer hitch receiver, and a 4/7-pin wiring harness to connect to your trailer’s braking and lighting systems. Best of all, the towing capacity is the same for all 2019 Ford Ranger trim levels equipped with the Trailer Tow Package.